FAQ: Will I Have Access to Transportation?
35,119 Certified Grads since 1992

FAQ: Life Abroad

Will there be other foreigners at my school?

Will I be able to eat "Western" food?

I am a vegan/vegetarian. Will my diet be a concern?

Can I drink the tap water abroad?

Does my country of choice have suitable health facilities (i.e., modern hospitals, English speaking doctors and dentists…)?

Can I get my own apartment?

What is the cost of living for most ESL teachers?

Will I have access to transportation?

Do I need to know the native language of the country that I am travelling to?

I am a woman travelling alone. What measures can I take to ensure that I have a safe and enjoyable experience while teaching abroad?

Will I have access to transportation?

  • Many overseas placements are in major metropolitan areas which have excellent public transportation.
  • Often, the school will provide you with accommodations that are within walking distance of the school, and if not, they may provide assistance in finding suitable transportation.
  • Some contracts will require you to have a driver's license or the ability to operate a moped or motor-scooter to travel from site to site. Again, it will all depend on where you are teaching and the contract and country conditions.
  • Visit the Transportation section included in our Country Information section of the website for specific countries' modes of transportation.