GRE Test Preparation Courses in Canada
Including Free Practice Exam Tests
We offer the most effective, up-to-date courses available, regardless of cost, and back them with a commitment to ensuring your personal success on the GRE.
Our highly trained, dynamic instructors focus on effective test-taking strategies. We thoroughly review all topics covered by the GRE. During the course you will be exposed to a variety of strategies which include:
- in-depth review of specific mathematical concepts
- critical reading of passages
- effective diagramming techniques
- drawing proper inferences and deductions
- synthesizing concepts and ideas
- learning to recognize wrong answer types
- working strategically under strictly timed conditions
- developing an effective personal study schedule
- comprehensive understanding of the entire graduate school application process
In order to expose you to the latest GRE test format, questions from recent GRE tests will be taken up in class. Our materials are constantly updated to reflect the most recent changes in the GRE. Thus, you will be able to evaluate your own strengths and weaknesses and focus on those areas where you need the most practice.
Convenient Weekend Schedule
Our comprehensive weekend course lets you concentrate in an atmosphere free from distractions and interruptions. Our GRE test preparation course costs $645 plus tax and is conveniently held in Toronto and Vancouver. For a complete schedule of upcoming courses, click here. We stand firmly behind our total immersion approach to GRE test preparation.
Free Practice GRE Exam Tests With Review of Questions
Our course concludes with the writing of full-length simulated Computer-Based Tests (CBTs) during which test conditions are carefully reproduced. This provides our students with an excellent opportunity to practice and review (under GRE exam conditions) the many skills they have acquired during the weekend course.
Limited Class Size
In order to ensure a low student-to-instructor ratio, our GRE course has a limited enrollment with spaces allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. The small class size provides a comfortable setting with ample opportunity for interaction with our talented and experienced GRE course instructors.
Free Repeat Policy
Our GRE course includes a free repeat policy which allows students to repeat the entire course one time, free of charge, within one year of their original course start date. Some students take advantage of this policy to review and re-attend our test prep course for double the preparation time at one low price.
In order to ensure a low student-to-instructor ratio, we ask free repeat students to contact us in advance to reserve their place in the upcoming GRE course.
GRE Course Outline
Friday (6:00pm - 10:00pm)
Course Registration, GRE Course Overview, Mathematical Review, Quantitative Reasoning, Problem Solving
Saturday (9:00am - 6:00pm)
Advanced Problem Solving, Effective Diagramming Techniques, Verbal Reasoning, Sentence Completion, Sentence Equivalence, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Comparison, Critical Reasoning
Sunday (9:00am - 6:00pm)
Advanced Verbal Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, Analytical Writing, Graduate School Application Process, Exam Writing Strategies, General GRE Review and Questions
Thursday (6:00pm - 10:00pm)
Full-Length Practice GRE Exam
Thursday (6:00pm - 10:00pm)
Full-Length Practice GRE Exam
Oxford Seminars maintains the highest standards for all our instructors. We hire and extensively train only the most qualified instructors who have not only scored in the top 2% of all GRE test-takers but who also have years of distinguished teaching experience.
At the end of each and every course, our students are asked to evaluate our teaching staff. They tell us that they find our instructors approachable, highly knowledgeable, and able to present difficult material in a dynamic, useful and creative manner which facilitates learning.
In today's competitive academic climate, a winning application can be the difference that makes you stand out among the thousands of students applying to graduate schools across Canada (and the United States).
Our course includes a comprehensive understanding of all areas of the application and admissions process. We cover how to write persuasive personal statements, carefully choosing your references, highlighting particular extra-curricular activities, presenting your past and present academic record, to which schools you should apply, how admissions committees operate, and how to avoid common traps and mistakes.
For those students who have particular difficulty with any aspect of the GRE, we offer additional individual tutoring sessions with one of our highly skilled instructors.
In addition to the extensive home study materials which every student receives, we also make available for purchase publications from ETS. These valuable resources will assist you in further study.
Oxford Seminars provides excellence in test preparation at a price which is affordable for students willing to invest in their future. When asked to evaluate our courses, over 98% of our students say they recommend us to their friends. Read the feedback from some of our GRE preparation students.
Interested? Download our free GRE information package.
In our pursuit of excellence, Oxford Seminars asks students who attend our courses to evaluate both the instructors and the courses. We incorporate these suggestions into future course development. Here are some of their responses:
"I would definitely recommend this course: it sent me home with a plan for study, a method of study, and the motivation to do so."
- L. Patterson, Waterloo, ON
"Yes I would absolutely recommend this course to a friend. I had no idea what to expect from the GRE; I am far more prepared and psyched than I was and would promote that to anyone!"
- R. Gallardo, Toronto, ON
"The instructor was very dynamic, approachable and knowledgeable. He did a great job of explaining different test-taking strategies."
- C. Sherstan, Hamilton, ON
"The course gave me the chance to familiarize myself with the GRE. As well it has helped me get into the studying mood and "thinking the GRE way." It has been lots of help! Thanks!"
- T. Dunstan, Mississauga, ON
- All GRE courses take place 6:00pm - 10:00pm Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm Saturday, 9:00am - 6:00pm Sunday, and 6:00pm - 10:00pm Thursday.
- The Thursday evening simulated practice exam tests are optional sessions, free for all registered students, where a full-length practice GRE is administered with actual test conditions carefully reproduced. This provides students with an excellent opportunity to practice the techniques learned during the weekend course.
- Refund and Withdrawal Policy:
- We will refund your full tuition if you withdraw from the course at least two weeks in advance.
- We will refund your full tuition if the course for which you want to register is full (we will place your name on a waiting list).
- We will retain the $95 deposit if you withdraw from, or change any course you are registered in, less than two weeks in advance.
- Course locations and dates are subject to change. Please be advised that courses must obtain a minimum number of registrants in order to proceed.