Congratulations to September's Winner:
Congratulations to August's Winner:
Congratulations to July's Winner:
Congratulations to June's Winner:
Congratulations to May's Winner:
Congratulations to April's Winner:
Official Contest Rules
- Description of the Contest: The Win a Free Course Contest (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage participants to visit our free Information Sessions to learn about the TESOL/TESL course offered by Oxford Seminars.
- The sponsor of this Contest is Oxford Seminars
- No Purchase Necessary
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their Province of Residence at the time of entry. Employees of Oxford Seminars are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
- Contest Period: The Contest will be run monthly until further notice. See below for “Awarding of Prize”.
- Contest Entry: Participants can fill out a ballot by attending any free Information Session held in Canada. By entering the sweepstakes you incur no obligation to make a purchase, pay money, or submit to a sales promotion effort. To enter without attending an Information Session, mail an entry to Oxford Seminars. The entry must be hand printed with the entrant’s name, address, email address, postal code, and phone number on a plain 3” X 5” piece of paper on which the entrant has signed. Place the entry form in an envelope and mail it with sufficient postage to: Oxford Seminars, Win a Free Course, 131 Bloor Street West, Suite 200-390, Toronto ON M5S 1R8. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than the 10th of the month for which the entry applies. All mail-in entries will bear the same odds as entries completed at Information Sessions.
- Restrictions: Participants are restricted to one entry per month. Any excess entries will be invalid for purpose of the Contest draw.
- Awarding of Prize: There is no fee to claim the Prize. The monthly winner will be determined by random drawing from all entries and will take place within sixty (60) days of the monthly Information Session. We will contact winners using the information provided on the ballot filled out to enter this Contest. The winner will then have twelve (12) months to redeem their Prize. The redemption of the Prize does depend on the availability of a course in each city wherein the courses are normally and regularly provided. The Prize will be awarded to the entrant whose contact information (name, telephone number, email address, and address) has been given by the entrant at the time of the Information Session or indicated on the mail-in entry and who has complied with these Rules.
- The Prize: There will be one (1) Prize awarded each month. Each Prize consists of a 100-Hour Oxford Seminars TESOL/TESL Certification Course, including course materials: How to Teach English textbook, Oxford Seminars’ TESOL/TESL Certification Course Training Manual, Grammar Sense 2, and Oxford Seminars’ 100-Hour Course Handbook. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded. The actual retail value of this Prize is $995.00. No cash alternatives, substitutions, or transfers of the Prize will be allowed. The selected entrant will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the course which they choose to attend. Course locations and dates are subject to change. Please be advised that courses must obtain a minimum enrolment in order to proceed. All other expenses and costs not explicitly listed as part of the Prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Odds: The odds of being randomly selected to win the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Due to the scheduling of Information Sessions, each month a Prize is chosen, the eligible entrants will include this month’s entrants and the previous month’s entrants.
- Notification of Selection: The selected entrant will be contacted by phone or email (using the contact information provided by the entrant at the time of entry), at least three (3) times within the seven (7) days after the Draw. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted in that time, another entry will be drawn, and the initially selected entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards Oxford Seminars or anyone involved in the Contest.
- In order to win, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by Oxford Seminars by telephone. He or she will also be required to sign a standard Declaration and Release Form confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded and, by doing so thereby releasing Oxford Seminars from all liability relating to the Contest. No substitution for, or transfer of the Prize, will be allowed. The selected entrant will have seven (7) days from the date of receipt to return a signed copy of the Declaration and Release Form to Oxford Seminars. Failure to sign and return the Declaration and Release Form within seven (7) days, or to comply with any terms or conditions of these Official Rules, may at the sole discretion of Oxford Seminars, result in the selected entrant’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to an alternate winner.
- Winner may waive his/her right to receive the Prize
- Each Prize claim is subject to verification by Oxford Seminars and/or its designated representatives. Entries made with multiple addresses, under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries during the Contest are automatically void.
- By participating, each entrant and selected winner agrees: (a) to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Oxford Seminars, (b) to permit Oxford Seminars to use his/her name and or likeness in any media for promotional purposes, including without limitation, online announcement, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law, (c) the winner agrees to sign a Declaration and Release Form to this effect.
- The decisions of Oxford Seminars in relation to this Contest will be final and binding to all entrants.
- Oxford Seminars is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Oxford Seminars, users of any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games, or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate. Oxford Seminars reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest, should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of Oxford Seminars compromise the administration, security, or proper execution of any Internet portion of any promotion, game, or contests.
- By participating in this Contest and accepting any Prize that they may win, entrants agree to release Oxford Seminars, their parent, subsidiary, affiliated, and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies, Prize suppliers and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and or acceptance or use of the Prize.
- Oxford Seminars shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription or registration of contestants’ entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions, line failures of any telephone network, failure of computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or website, inability to submit online entries, any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries.
- Oxford Seminars reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest, at its sole discretion, for any reason at any time.
- If a selected entrant is awarded the Prize due to a system error, malfunction, or defect the Prize will be returned to the Prize pool, to be re-awarded.
- Under no circumstances will Oxford Seminars, including any independent contractors, employees, officers or agents, including advertising, and promotion agencies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.
- No Purchase Necessary. For details see section 1.6.
- In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these official Rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of Ontario and that it shall be resolved by and within the courts of that province.
- For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and local laws, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. The personal information provided to enter the Contest will not be provided, sold, given or transferred to any other entity other than Oxford Seminars.
- Void where prohibited by law. Entries that do no comply with these official Rules (the “Official Rules”) in all respects are ineligible and void.
- For a copy of these Contest Rules, please write to Oxford Seminars, Win a Free Course, 131 Bloor Street West, Suite 200-390, Toronto ON M5S 1R8.